Essential Spices and Herbs
Liczba stron: 292
Wydanie: 2015 r.
50 Herbs and Spices That Will Transform the Way You Cook
The key to becoming a skilled home cook isn't about tracking down the perfect recipes or mastering the techniques of professional chefs. It lies in understanding the vast world of flavor, one that can be difficult to navigate.
Essential Spices and Herbs introduces you to the 50 must-know herbs and spices that will take your cooking to the next level. Detailed profiles of these game-changing flavors for the modern kitchen include pairing suggestions, complimentary foods, and noted health benefits, plus recipes to put them to use.
Acquaint yourself with the aromas and flavors of these fundamental herbs and spices, with:
• An overview of the healing powers of key herbs and spices
• Over 100 delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes
• 10 essential spice mixes to quickly add flavor to any dish
• A guide to spice and herb combinations by cuisine to celebrate global flavors
• Informative tips for buying and storing spices and herbs
Part reference, part cookbook, Essential Spices and Herbs will guide you along your journey through the magical world of flavor.
Recipes include: Cold Bulgarian Cucumber Soup, Roasted Garlic and Brie, Rosemary Grits, Brown Butter-Sage Sauce with Tagliatelle and Pumpkin, Thyme-Stuffed Baked Tomatoes